Thank you to Curious Clitty and Lady Clio for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award, created by Okoto Enigma to highlight amazing blogs which have yet to be discovered.
Here are the rules!
• Put the award logo/image on your blog.
• List the rules.
• Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
• Tell your readers 3 things about yourself. (Two nominations so I have doubled up!)
• Answer the questions you were asked. (ten in total, grab a cup of tea!)
• You have to nominate 10 people.
• Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
• Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
• Provide a link to your favourite post.
So, six things about me:
- One of the many things I have discovered over the last 3 years is that I am an introvert. I always thought I was socially inept, but actually I’m not. I love people, they are endlessly fascinating! INFJ is my “official” Myers-Briggs personality test result, and, although I tend to take these things with pinch of salt, I can see how well I fit into that box.
- Speaking of boxes, I am hesitant to get stuck in one. Labels are a source of frustration for me. In the kink community I am known as The Barefoot Sub, but there is so much more to me. Yes, I do identify as submissive and with Sir I have no other way, but I also have so many other interests (keep following my blog, all will be revealed) so I skip merrily from box to box, and the only label I am comfortable wearing is Me
- I am a believer in the saying “You never know how strong you are until you need to be” There are things that nobody should ever have to go through. I have been through some bad times, but I have found there is a huge well of strength which I have been making use of. Finding the strength to not be angry anymore was a surprise. Discovering that I am strong enough to not need external validation… Mind Blowing!
- I am a dog person. If I could commit the time I would have an Irish Wolfhound, a Great Dane, or a Lurcher.
- My favourite season is autumn. Partly due to the changing colours and the cool but not cold temperatures, but mostly because I love stormy weather and jumping in puddles is the most fun I can have with my children.
- If I was a flavour of ice cream I would be Lemon Meringue, because I look vanilla but when you start looking closer I have many different textures and layers, and I’m a little bit of a tart!
Here are Curious Clitty’s questions, and my answers
1. What is your first ever memory?
My first memory is of being at the swimming pool with my mum and brother. We were all together in the shallow end until I climbed out while mum was distracted for a moment. Freedom!! I started wandering up towards the deep end. I can still remember the black and white tiles under my little feet as I made my way up with my arm bands on. When I got there I jumped in… absolutely no fear! Sadly that is where the memory ends, but I’m still here so it can’t have been too awful.
2. What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
I remember reading Dogger by Shirley Hughes It was the book that I wanted to borrow from the library over and over again. When I had worn it out, and the library were getting rid of it, my mum bought it for me (for 10p) and I still have that much-loved hardback book in my dwindling collection of sentimental keepsakes.
3. What is the first album you ever owned?
I saved all of my money and bought a CD player just before Christmas when I turned 14. The two albums that I was given for Christmas were The Ultimate Disney Collection and Michelle Gayle’s self titled album.
4. If you could choose to go back in time when would you choose to go back to and why?
I have a recurring back injury which was initially sustained while out wakeboarding. The last time I had an awful flare up a friend recommended I see an osteopath. I didn’t for about 3 months, and I struggled on. When I finally gave in to the advice it was a revelation! I haven’t had a flare up for 2 years now. If I could go back in time it would be to the time I was given the advice, and I would take it.
5. If you were a perfume/cologne which one would you be?
I’m almost embarrassed to say, but… Joop pour Homme
Here are Lady Clio’s questions, and my answers.
1. What was the best piece of advice you ever received?
Something my dad always used to say “You can’t live your life backwards.” It set me up for a life of no regrets, just constant learning.
2. If money was not an object, what building would you restore and why?
I wouldn’t buy a building, I would go for a vintage double-decker bus and kit it out for luxury travel, then I would take my boys on adventures around the world. (Also, I love the idea of a mobile dungeon!)
3. What do you do to relax and unwind?
I go for a run or a long walk on the moors. I will often take my rope too, and do a quick self tie on top of a tor.
4. How do you show love to someone?
I give people my time and I feed them. I also give them the space to be them, and I show them my soft underbelly. Not many people have seen me cry, and if you have then it is a sure sign that I love you and trust you enough to be that vulnerable with you.
5. How old were you when you first started your blog?
I was 35. I started my blog two months ago now.
Here are my five questions:
- What is your most embarrassing memory?
- What flavour ice cream would you be, and why?
- What are your top five favourite books?
- What would you have for your last meal? No restrictions, go wild!
- Where would you go for your next holiday, and what would you do? As with question 4, no restrictions!
And my nominations are:
Unoriginal (love) notes
Verse In Emotion
An Accidental Anarchist
Building The Love Shack
The Indecisive Writer
Dominance in Progress
Heart and Soul
I look forward to reading your answers.
This is my favourite post to date.