1. Are you celebrating or have you celebrated any holidays this December 2018?
For most people who know me, and perhaps if you follow me on here, it is quite clear that I have a tenuous relationship with Christmas. As a mum to two wonderful little boys who love this time of year I do celebrate Christmas. The way that we have celebrated this has changed recently…
2. Describe your typical holiday celebration.
Last year was the first time that I have taken full control of Christmas, while still giving my children the experience that they would like. Christmas eve we spent pottering around, Christmas morning the three of us open gifts and have a nice breakfast. Lunchtime takes us to somewhere wide open with a camping stove and some form of piggy goodness. Last year was Dartmoor for Bacon sandwiches, this year will be the beach for pigs-in-blankets hotdogs. The afternoon sees us cooking a slightly more traditional turkey joint, this time with chips and peas (with extra veg on the side for me) Late boxing day we head up country, towards extended family, when everything and everybody has calmed down a little.
3. Now tell us how you really would like to spend your holiday season.
I wouldn’t change anything. I have the Christmas that I have worked hard to be allowed.
4. This time of year broadcast TV is filled with Christmas movies. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
5. Does your place of work do a gift exchange or secret santa? Do you participate? What gift did you buy to giveaway this year? What gift did you get?
It has been many years since I worked somewhere that did a secret santa, but last time I did I knitted a beautiful hat for one of my staff. I was over the moon when she turned up to shift week-in week-out wearing it, not knowing who it had come from.
Bonus: Have you been naughty or nice?
I made it onto Kilted Wookie’s Naughty List so I guess that is my answer!
Pop on over to TMI Tuesday blog to see what other people think about Christmas.