Self-love is a topic that pops up time and again.
TMI Tuesday is one of my go-to weekly memes for the topics that come up. This week is no exception and has raised some interesting questions and some even more surprising answers.
1. What do you need to learn but won’t admit to?
I like to think that if I was aware of something I needed to learn I would admit to it and get started. There are a number of things I am working on at the moment, and other things that I would like to learn but now is not the time.
2. If you could erase one event from your life, which one would you choose? Briefly describe the event, tell us why you would erase it.
I can honestly say that I wouldn’t change anything. Life hasn’t always been easy but over the last few years I have come to like myself as the awesome woman who I am. As a believer in the butterfly effect, I wouldn’t want to risk missing out on the me that I am today.
3. Who drains your energy, and why do you let it happen?
My children are amazing, and I adore them and their mischief. They have been known to sap my energy though, when they are being particularly challenging. I let this happen because they are ten and four, and they are still learning. Patience when they are awake and tears when they go to bed. The consequences for them on exhibiting this behaviour with the other half of their parenting team don’t bear thinking about.
4. Do you practice ‘self-love’ or ‘self-loathing’?
I have replaced the active self loathing with self acceptance. I think the self-love is an extension of that. If I don’t like something I change it. Unless you mean self-love of the sexual kind, in which case I’m all over that!
5. What must you do daily to keep yourself ‘sane’?
I need to get outside into the fresh air. That can mean anything from a day spent out on the moor, or a cuppa in the garden if I’m ill.
Bonus: Who do you blame?
- myself for my incessant curiosity…
- Sir for my confidence…
- the wonderful Angel666 over at SKorpion Rope for my first self tie…
- my friend C for my burgeoning interest in latex…
- CornishChick for unleashing my giggling sadist when she handed me a flogger after I tied up her play partner…
There is so much more for me to share for the journey of How I became the woman I am today, which is, after all, the purpose of the blog.
See what everyone else is up to:
From the story of how the barefoot sub became the woman she is today, to toy reviews, with a hefty dose of contemplation, a sprinkling of erotica and a LOT of nudity in between, you can be sure to find something to tickle your fancy at A Leap Of Faith.